DONNA CUSSON, BROKER/OWNER
O: (802) 279-8399
For more than 23 years my husband and I owned and operated a successful construction business in Nantucket, Massachusetts. During this time we lived part time in the beautiful state of Vermont where we bought and sold land, condos and homes. In 1999 we made Vermont our permanent home, and in 2005 I launched my real estate career to share my passion for real estate with clients in the market for a new home, commercial property or for their very own piece of Vermont’s landscape.
When I am not helping my clients navigate their real estate transactions, I enjoy golfing, cooking, art, antiques and all types of music.
Professional designations, appointments and industry recognition:
- In 2010-2011 I served as President of the Vermont Commercial Board of REALTORS (VCBOR) and was named Realtor of the Year for VCBOR.
- In 2013 I became a real estate instructor, providing classes in negotiation, commercial real estate best practices, the REALTOR Code of Ethics, Resort and Second Home Property Specialist, and more.
- In 2014 I served as President of the Vermont Association of REALTORS.
- From 2010-2016 I served as Federal Political Coordinator for Vermont Realtors, and in 2021 was named FPC for Vermont Realtors again. Initially I served in the position as liaison for Vermont Senator Bernie Sanders and now serve as liaison for Vermont Senator Patrick Leahy. I also managed the association Federal Political Coordinators who work with other members of Vermont’s Congressional Delegation and have served as a National Association of REALTORS Director on the Vermont Realtors Board of Directors.
- In 2021 I was Region One Vice President, one of thirteen in the nation, to represent the National Association of Realtors in Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Connecticut, Rhode Island and Massachusetts.
- In 2022 I was honored with the Keller Williams Distinguished Service Award for the Vermont area.
- From 2022 -2024 I will serve as the Realtor Party Trustee for the State and Local Campaign Services Committee for The National Association of REALTORS representing Region One.
- I hold professional designations as an Accredited Buyers Representative, a Resort and Second Home Specialist and Pricing Strategies Analyst.
- I have also achieved my NAR Commitment to Excellence as well as the At Home with Diversity endorsements. These designations give me important insights into market trends and help better represent my clients.